Karen Neuburger, lifestyle and designer expert, joined KARE Saturday morning to share some holiday tips on how to slow down and enjoy the winter festivities with your family.
Neuburger, most famously known for her comfy pajama's being featured on Oprah's favorites things, explains how holidays can be a busy time and people forget to slow down for family time.
Some helpful tips for how to take a step back and make new holiday traditions with your loved ones:
- Skip day! A fun wake-up announcement for your kids that they get to take a day off from school to do something fun with the family (Christmas decorations, holiday crafts, etc.).
- Cookies! A simple tradition that everyone can enjoy.
- Wrapping night. Karen came up with a sneaky and efficient way of getting presents wrapped, something very helpful to a working mom.
- Family pajamas. On Christmas Eve every gets a new pair of pajamas to look extra nice for all of the pictures on Christmas morning.
- Pine Needles. In an effort to make Christmas last a little longer, put a bowl of pine needles on the coffee table; anytime someone catches a whiff it's Christmas all over again!
To take a look at Karen's products and to read more about her story and comfort tips visit her website karenneuburger.com.
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)