GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Jenny Hanlon, teacher and author, came to KARE to talk about helpful homework tips for parents and their children.
Hanlon offers many helpful hints including...
- Making a plan with your child. A set schedule, time and place, to work on homework every day.
- Dedicate a 'homework buddy' for children in early elementary grades. 'Homework buddy' can be anybody from an older sibling to a grandparent, someone who will be available to help and double check the work.
- Discuss any homework troubles with the child's teacher as soon as they arise and make a plan for success.
- Advocate for healthy homework policies at the child's school.
- Let children make mistakes.
More information and helpful tips can be found at Hanlon's website or at www.challengesuccess.org.
Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed