Just in time for summer on Lake Minnetonka, restaurant ninetwentyfive in Wayzata opened its doors at 925 Lake Street on Friday, June 16.
With Chef Ryan Lund at the helm, ninetwentyfive features New American cuisine, assimilating flavors from traditional American cooking techniques with fresh, high-quality regional meats, cheeses and produce. Chef Lund will be integrating seasonings and sauces to create a diverse array of appetizers, small plates, and half portions.
Short Rib Tagliatelle
360 grams “OO” Flour
1 t salt
150 grams egg yolk
150 grams arugula puree
1 ½ t olive oil
1. Combine flour and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine
2. Combine egg yolk, arugula puree and olive oil then drizzle into the processor
3. Continue to process until combined and resembles coarse meal
4. Dump out onto the counter and pull together into a ball
Short Rib Tagliatelle:
1 recipe pasta cut into tagliatelle
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion julienned
8 ounces smoked short rib
6 ounces reduced beef stock
6 ounces pureed fresh tomato
1 cup diced fresh tomato
10 ounces spinach
2 tablespoons butter
3 ounces shaved parmesan
zest of 1 lemon
pinch of Aleppo Pepper
1. In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion until it starts to soften.
2. Warm the smoked short rib in the beef stock.
3. Add the fresh tomato puree and reduce by half.
4. Cook the pasta in salted water and add to the sauté pan.
5. Add the fresh tomato, spinach, butter and half the parmesan.
6. Divide the pasta among four plates then top with the warm ribs, remaining parmesan and lemon zest.