GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Samba is a family restaurant in Hopkins that brings the unique flavor of the authentic Brazilian cuisine with a large variety of Brazilian and International dishes, with special cuts of meats, seafood, salads and soups with a lot of gluten free and veggie options.
Specialties like Feijoada, Moqueca, Picanha, Paella, Bacalhau, Churrasco and much more can be paired with an international selection of wines and beers .
Open Tuesday to Sunday for lunch and dinner, Samba has an ambiance perfect for parties, dates, family celebrations and business occasions.
· 6 Jumbo Shrimp marinated
· ½ medium Onion cut in large pieces
· 1 tomato cut in large pieces
· ½ red Bell Pepper cut in large pieces
· ½ cup of Coconut Milk
· 1 table spoon of Olive Oil
· 1 table spoon of Palm Oil
· 1 cup of cooked rice
· Marinate Shrimp for 15 minutes with salt , garlic , paprika , white wine
· In a sautee pan pour de olive oil and the shrimp and stir for 2 minutes
· Add tomatoes , peppers and onions
· Add Coconut Milk and Palm oil and sautee for 2 minutes
· In a large plate put the cooked and warm rice in the middle
· Pour the Moqueca around the rice
Pairing with wine : Sauvignon Blanc or Vinho Verde