MINNEAPOLIS - Seward Co-op and Creamery Cafe is celebrating summer's arrival with a new outdoor patio seating area. Katie Nielson, Executive Chef of Seward Co-op Creamery Cafe joined us on KARE 11 News@4 to show off some of the fresh food offerings. She also shared this yummy watermelon recipe for our online viewers.
Watermelon, Cucumber and Feta Bites
• 1 English cucumber, cut into 24 slices
• 8 ounces seedless watermelon (without rind)
• 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
• 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint
1. Arrange cucumber slices on a platter. Cut the watermelon into 1 ½ x ¼ -inch squares.
2. Place a watermelon slice on top of each cucumber slice. Scatter the cheese on top. Double up the layers if making stacks.
3. Whisk together the lime juice, maple syrup and mint in a small bowl. Right before serving, drizzle this mixture over the stacks.