GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - As summer approaches, it’s typical to do an annual check-up on some of our appliances.
We’re all familiar with the idea of doing regular tune-ups on our car and HVAC systems, but why don’t most of us consider doing regular tune-ups on our tech? Cathy Ferrazzo from Device Pitstop has an easy-to-follow checklist.
Tech Check-Up Checklist
1. Hardware - Check your hard drive and test your battery to make sure everything is running at ultimate performance. An old battery can really slow things down.
2. Operating system (OS) - Ensure that your OS is up to date. Are there any free updates available? Why is it important to keep your devices up to date? This can apply to both laptops and cell phones.
3. Protection - How often should you back up your files, pictures, etc? Have you synced all your devices so that your data is available from all your tech? Doing this can ensure you have access to your data even if your device is lost or broken.
4. Security - Have you checked your anti-virus software lately? Make sure you have the most up-to-date version for the best protection to avoid computer viruses.
5. Digital Currency - Your apps and software are always getting new features. Do you have your digital currency systems set up? This is just another way to make the most out of devices and simplify your life.