MINNEAPOLIS - We've survived plenty of brutal blasts this winter. And this year, we saw lots of snow and colder temperatures.

Experts say those who suffer from allergies might endure a bad season. You can blame it on the snowy winter, which leaves extra moisture. Dr. Cherie Zachary is an allergist for Midwest Allergy and Asthma consultants. She says when the temperature increases, pollen concentrations will be higher.

"The warm up that we are having now is a part of the severe allergy season. With the melting snow we have snow melt mold and for the mold sufferers that is going to be a significant challenge," Zachary said. "For those of you that have been outside and sneezing and notice that your eyes are itching, that is why."

Zachary said if you have been prescribed a preventative medication or nasal spray you should start taking it now. If you wait you may be behind the eight ball because allergy season has started. Zachary says the polar vortex could have an impact, but it depends on a few things.

"If you have a colder than normal spring what that may mean is that you have a more concentrated pollen season where everything buds all at the same time and everyone is horribly miserable," Zachary said. "On the other hand, if that polar vortex pulls up and we have a more normal spring we have now in March 60-degree temperatures on Sunday ... that may mean you end up with a longer pollen season. The trees bud earlier and pollen concentrations are higher and that the pollen season is extended.

Jocelyn Rowe, 10, and her father Nate Rowe both suffer from seasonal allergies. Rowe said when she doesn't take her medication her allergies are horrible.

"I get a stuffy nose. Sinus infections. Headaches. I just feel very icky. Like garbage. It doesn't feel good. "It's not so bad right now because I get allergy shots."

Rowe is one of Dr. Zachary's patients. Dr. Zachary says if you are suffering, antihistamines may help with sneezing and itching but they may not be enough. If the over the counter medication doesn't work, you should see an allergist.