HUGO, Minn. - A Hugo home is a total loss after a fire started early Saturday morning.

Crews were called to the home at 12646 Ethan Ave. N. at about 1 a.m. They arrived and found the home fully engulfed and the house was full of smoke.

Officials said that four to five people inside of the home got out safely. A couple of dogs also got out of the home without injury.

Deputy Chief Jim Compton said that the fire is believed to be electrical and it likely started in the basement. Firefighters were unable to enter the home because the structure was not sound.

Five departments assisted the Hugo Fire Department.