GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- The Junk Bonanza returns to Canterbury Park in Shakopee April 10-12, 2014, for a Spring show faced with vintage finds and castoff treasures for shoppers. Beautiful displays by more than 150 juried purveyors of vintage from across the nation and the Midwest. The Bonanza, in its 9th year, showcases creative and ingenious pieces salvaged and rejuvenated junk, antiques, architectural salvage and vintage and artisan-repurposed pieces.
Shoppers will find each item to be at least 40 years old or made from components of that vintage, including furniture, home goods and accessories, jewelry, textiles and industrial castoffs of all sizes.
* A "Yard Party" gallery of vintage yard and garden ware; attendees can vote for their favorites by casting pennies into jars; those proceeds go to the Animal Ark nokill shelter in Hastings, MN.
* Appearances by Cari Cucksey, host of HGTV's "Cash & Cari"
* Free workshops on decorative uses for Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan Unfolded.
* Giveaways throughout the day including $25 coupons to be redeemed on site by more than 80 vendors and donating businesses.
* Magazine signings by Flea Market Style Executive Editor Ki Nassauer, the Bonanza's
The Junk Bonanza: Daily admission is $9, though purchasers of a $25 Early Bird ticket can get in two hours
before the general admission opening on Thursday, and reuse their tickets for regular admission Friday and Saturday.
Parking is free and plentiful on surface lots.