Summer is the perfect time to enjoy the great outdoors and go camping, but are you looking for a way to make 'roughing it' a little less rough? Mike Pearo from Hilltop Camper and RV shared some creative 'hacks' for your next trip.
Here are a few of his ideas:
1. Tic Tac Spices: If a hot dog on a stick is not your favorite dinner or you have a chef in the family - this is a great way to conserve a lot of space and still cook your favorite recipes outdoors. Use empty Tic Tac boxes to store all your favorite spices.
2. Candle Stakes: These are a great alternative to tiki torches. Simply put a tapered candle at the top of a stake and set them up around your campsite. They’re much easier to pack and you don’t need any fuel.
3. Sandpaper Matchstick Box: This is a handy way to keep your matches safe and dry. Fill a small container with matchsticks and glue sandpaper to the top.
4. Fire Starters: There are a couple of easy ways to carry along kindling. First, you can fill and empty egg carton with charcoal.
Or - believe it or not - Doritos are not only delicious they work well as kindling too!
You can also fill empty toilet paper tubes with newspaper.
5. Bundles of Sage to Keep Bugs Away: This is a great way to beef up that bug spray! Throw a bundle of sage on the campfire to send those mosquitoes away.
6. Campfire Cones: Here’s a fun one for the kids. Take a waffle cone and fill it with your favorite fruits like bananas and strawberries. Add chocolate chips and marshmallows. Wrap it all in tin foil and throw it on the grill until it’s all melty and delicious. The kids will have a blast making them and eating them too!
© 2017 KARE-TV