GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. – Love is in the air with wedding season upon us. The season also has a lot of couples working to get on the same financial page.
Justin Halverson of Great Waters Financial stopped by the KARE 11 News at 4 with some advice for newlyweds as they start their life together.
Halverson says the following areas are a good place to start:
• Discuss your financial goals, habits and experience with money.
• Review your financial house as a couple & create a plan.
• Divvy up responsibilities and set a money schedule.
• Update your will, beneficiaries, power of attorney and health care proxy.
• Re-evaluate your insurance policies and update if necessary.
© 2017 KARE-TV