GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Back by popular demand, Macy's restaurants in the Twin Cities are featuring a taste of fall this October with a special Oktoberfest menu. Chef Bill Vaske, Macy’s Executive Chef - Minneapolis Oak Grill joined the KARE 11 News at 4 with taste of the seasonal favorite dish jagerschnitzel.
Spaetzle Pasta 4 Ounce
Butter Salted 2 Teaspoon
Spice Salt Kosher 1/8 Teaspoon
Whole Black Peppercorns 1/8 Teaspoon
Cabbage Red Braised Octoberfest R 4 Ounce
Sour Cream Gravy R 2 Ounce
Mushrooms Crimini Sauteed R 1 Ounce
Herb Parsley Italian Flat Leaf 1/2 Teaspoon
1. When ordered, saute pork on flat top until golden brown on both sides, approximately 3-5 minutes on each side.
2. Toss the spaetzle with butter, salt and pepper and saute until at least a third of the spaeztle is lightly golden brown and all is heated through.
3. Place braised red cabbage from 11-1:00 on a large round plate. Place the spaetzle down the center of the plate.
4. Ladle the gravy from 5 to 7:00 on the plate, topping with the pork leaning against the spaetzle.
5. Place the sauteed mushrooms on top of the pork and garnish with parsley.
Sour Cream Gravy:
Water 1 Gallon
Sauce Espagnole Base 1 Pound
Cream Sour 1 Quart
Whole Black Peppercorns 2 Tablespoon Ground
1. Mix the water and the espagnole sauce together and simmer until thickened.
2. After the sauce has thickened, add the sour cream and pepper.
3. Cover, label and date. Store at 40 degrees or below.
4. Shelf life is 3 days.
Mushrooms Crimini Sauteed:
Mushroom Crimini 1 Pound
Oil Canola Olive Blend 2 Ounce
Spice Salt Kosher 1 Teaspoon
Whole Black Peppercorns 1 Teaspoon
Herb Thyme Fresh 1 Tablespoon
Removed from the stem
1. In a hot saute pan, saute mushrooms in olive oil until just tender and season with salt, pepper and thyme.
2. Cover, label and date, Store at 40 degrees or below, or use right away.
3. Shelf life 2 days.
Pork Loin Boneless Center Cut 6 Pound + 4 Ounce PorkLerCut
Trimmed of fat and silver skin
Spice Salt Kosher 1 Tablespoon
Whole Black Peppercorns 1 Tablespoon
Flour White All Purpose 2 Cup
Egg Wash R 1 18 fl oz Recipe
Herb Bread Crumbs for Jagerschnitzel R 1 Recipe 8.2oz
1. Cut pork into 4 ounce portions, butterfly and place cut side up. Wrap in plastic wrap and lightly pound to about 1/2 inch thick.
2. Season the pork on both sides with salt and pepper. Coat with flour, shake off excess. Dip in egg wash, then coat with bread crumbs, pressing
3. Place on a sheet pan and cover, label and date. Store at 40 degrees or below.
4. Shelf life is 2 days.