GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Do you struggle with achieving internal peace and conquering self-doubt? If so, you’re not alone!
Author Sue Hawkes stopped by KARE 11 at 4 to share five practices to stop chasing the illusion of perfection and achieve ongoing self-improvement from her book "Chasing Perfection – Shatter The Illusion; Minimize Self-Doubt & Maximize Success".
Below are the tips she offers:
Tip 1: Come to terms with the fact that work/life balance doesn’t exist. Strive for work/life integration instead.
- Learn to say “no” effectively
- Delegate without guilt
- Set up a calendar to prioritize how you spend your time
Tip 2: Take care of yourself before taking care of others / Put your oxygen mask on first
- Get excited about exercise by making it a social activity
- Improve your mental state by keeping a daily gratitude journal
- Stick to a regimented sleep schedule
Tip 3: Unlearn what you’ve learned
- Surround yourself with people who are smarter than you and learn from them
- Commit to being a lifelong learner by taking courses in disciplines you’re unfamiliar with or by creating a reading list to expand your mind and interests
- Create scorecards to monitor yourself
Tip 4: Pour gas on the fire
- Know your values and define their origins
- Find purpose in your work
- Champion other women
Tip 5: Intuition is your superpower
- Stick to your values
- Feed your soul with a spiritual practice, whether it be supporting a charitable cause or running a business that serves a cause
For information about Sue Hawkes and Chasing Perfection – Shatter The Illusion; Minimize Self-Doubt & Maximize Success, visit www.sayyess.com.
© 2017 KARE-TV