MINNEAPOLIS - The public is invited to "Dine Like an All-Star" on Sunday May 18 at the 8th Annual Celebrity Waiter event. Here you will be waited on by Minnesota Twins players all in an effort to raise money for the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities.
Chef's Roy Smalley and Crystal Morris shared a tasty preview.
What: Capital Grille Celebrity Waiter Event to benefit Boys & Girls Clubs of Twin Cities with silent auction
When: Sunday May 18, 6 - 9 pm
Where: The Capital Grille 801 Hennepin Ave, LaSalle Plaza Minneapolis
To make a reservation or learn more contact the Capital Grille at 612-692-9000.
Mushroom Boursin Crostini Recipe
French Bread, Sliced ½" thick - 4 each
Boursin Cheeseprepared - 1 lb
Butter, Unsalted 8 oz/ - 2 sticks
Shitake, thinly sliced - 1 cup
Crimini thinly sliced - 1 cup
Oyster thinly sliced - 1 cup
Fresh Thyme, leaves only - 1 tsp
Sherry Wine - ¼ cup
Kosher Salt - 1 tsp
Black Pepper, freshly ground ¼ tsp
Chive Oil - 3 Tbsp
Chives, sliced - 3 tsp
1) Slice the French bread into ½" thick rounds and spread a 1/8 inch layer of boursin cheese over surface of each slice of bread to crust edge. Lay on a clean, dry sheet pan and set aside.
2) In a large sauté pan, melt the butter and add the cleaned, sliced mushrooms. Sauté over medium heat sweating the natural juices from the mushrooms. Once mushrooms begin to wilt, add the sherry, thyme, kosher salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
3) Once mushrooms are completely wilted and tender, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon pressing out as much of the juices as possible against side of pan, and place mushrooms in a stainless bowl.
4) Reduce the mushroom juice until it just coats the bottom of the pan and is thick and syrupy in texture. Pour reduced mushroom juice over mushrooms in stainless bowl and mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust salt and pepper seasoning if necessary.
1) Place 1 heaping Tablespoon of mushroom mixture on each slice of boursin coated French bread and spread mushrooms evenly over surface so the boursin is barely visible. Place on baking pan.
2) Place baking pan in 400° F oven and bake until the mushrooms are hot and the edge of the bread is crisp and golden brown.
3) Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of thinly sliced chives.
4) Serve Immediately.