GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - There's a new mobile resource for expectant mom's and dad's. Beginnings: Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond from Allina Health offers quick and easy access to things you need to know about pregnancy, childbirth and newborn care.
This award-winning book and the free companion mobile application on Apple iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch® for expectant and new parents, is now also available for Android smartphones and tablets and the Kindle Fire.
In addition, the app's newest version allows parents to track feedings and diaper changes after baby is born. For more about the app and the book, go to allinahealth.org/pregnancy.
Both the manual and the app contain information about:
- what to expect during pregnancy;
- how to prepare for labor;
- what to expect during and after childbirth; and
- how to care for a newborn.
The app also features the ability to:
- follow baby's kicks and movements while pregnant;
- time and track contractions during labor; and
- after baby is born, track feedings and diaper changes (new with the latest release!).
Kris Scott, Allina Health Home Health – Mother and Newborn patient care supervisor, says the newest app feature supports families who choose breastfeeding.
"Tracking feedings and diaper changes can help parents know whether their baby is eating enough and when to seek advice from their health care provider or lactation consultant. Helping families achieve, and even exceed, their breastfeeding goals promotes the lifetime health of babies and our community as a whole."