GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- It's prime picking right now in Minnesota for blueberries. They are one of
Eva Sabet from Swedish Crown Bakery joined us with a recipe for Fresh Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake.
Fresh Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake
4oz graham cracker or Digestive cookies (found in specialty stores)
4oz toasted hazelnut flour
3.5oz melted butter
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
18oz mascarpone cheese
1.5 cups sour
4 tbsp. powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 lemons zested
1. Start by
1. Put all the ingredients for the topping in a pan and simmer for 20 min.
2. Remove from heat, and when cool, put in the fridge to get cold.
1. Put the crackers/cookies in a food processor and blend until fully crumbled.
2. Transfer cracker mixture to a bowl and add hazelnut flour and melted butter.
3. Press the mixture into an 8" spring form pan.
1. Put the mascarpone in a mixer and whip until it is very thick.
2. Add sour cream, half a cup at a time, while mixing.
3. Add sugar, vanilla and lemon zest.
4. Put the filling into the pan on top of the crust and distribute evenly.
5. Add the blueberry topping and place in the fridge for 3 hrs. to settle.
The Swedish Crown Bakery, located in Anoka, is owned by Eva and Fari Sabet. Originally from Sweden, Eva is the creative force behind the bakery, bringing fresh ingredients and unique Scandinavian-inspired pastries to the Twin Cities. All food at the Swedish Crown Bakery is made by hand, on-site, using natural and organic ingredients whenever possible.