Trout Air Tavern, best known for its delicious pond-to-plate trout, provides a dining experience that Minnesotans have enjoyed for decades.
The restaurant at Running Aces Casino & Racetrack continues to grow with the addition of more Minnesota-inspired entrées, drinks and local food purveyors.
Tater Tot Hot Dish
1 pound chuck roll, cubed 1”
Salt and pepper liberally
1 oz canola oil
1/2 yellow onion, small diced
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 Cup corn kernals
1/2 pound mushrooms, quartered
1 TB beef base
1 Cup heavy cream
Water (to cover)
Tater tots (to cover)
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Salt and pepper cubed beef, toss in flour, and shake any excess flour off
2. In a skillet heat oil and sear the beef on all sides
3. Take the beef out of pan and set to the side
4. Cook onions and mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Then add garlic and cook another 2 minutes
5. Add beef, water just to cover, and beef base. Simmer till beef is tender.
6. Add corn and heavy cream and bring to a simmer for 5-10 minutes.
7. Tighten with a slurry
8. Scoop into a serving dish, add cooked tater tots to the top, and sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top
9. Bake 350 degree oven for a couple minutes to melt the cheese. Garnish with sliced green onions.
Trout Air Tavern is located one exit past the 35E and 35W merge, just 20 minutes north of 694.
For more information, visit the Running Aces website.
© 2017 KARE-TV