GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Looking for a great splash of color for your home? Heidi Heiland of Heidi's Lifestyle Gardens joined KARE 11 News @4 and she says with a little planning, the right materials, and proper installation techniques, it's easy to create beautiful and inspired displays now that will last through the Summer.
Here are Heidi's suggestions:
Plan for the long term:
· Re-cycle Ivy, Lobelia, and other plants that were installed for Spring Color
· Install plants that are not "thirsty"
· Consider Edibles
Select the right materials:
· Look for labels that show the plant is MN Grown
· Tropicals can be sustainable. Look for a hardier plant for the MN zone.
· The trend is for simplicity
Proper Installation Techniques:
· Look for Thriller, Filler and Spillers
· Replenish potting soil
· Water deeply when you do water and do so less frequently
Also, here is more information on-
Heidi's 11th Annual Planter Party:
Thursday, May 29th 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Heidi's Lifestyle Gardens Private Nursery ~ 7241 County Road 116, Corcoran, MN
Two hour windows are available and that is typically what is required to complete a container or three.
8 am, 10 am, Noon, 2 pm, 4 pm and 6 pm.
· Bring a friend, the family, grandparents or grandchildren for inter-generational fun!
· Heidi will share ways to connect with plants and nature to relieve stress, sharpen mental skills and improve your overall well being.
· Create your own colorful container planting from our unique assortment of plants, or let Heidi or one of our other expert designers create one for you!
· Bring your own container, window box, wire basket, or a "tricky" planter. Limited planters available for purchase.
· Complimentary liners available to use if you cannot move your container. Bring them home to place in your empty container.
· Discover more about Easy Edible Gardening!
· Delivery available for a nominal fee.
· Fun and refreshments will be available!
Also a $20 Workshop fee is donated to our local food shelf, Interfaith Outreach and Community Partners, (IOCP). Fee includes first bag of premium potting soil plus time with an expert designer. Plants and additional materials priced separately.
· RSVP at Heidi's 11th Annual Planter Party or call 763.475.4960