GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - After the #worstwinterever we want to put all the cold and snow behind us and really #CelebrateSummer. For several weeks this summer we will be revealing 11 fun ways to enjoy the warm weather for a total of 111. The list will include suggestions from KARE 11 anchors, reporters and staff and other local 'celebrities' and leaders.
We will also be asking our viewers to help us #CelebrateSummer with their ideas. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas on how you like to enjoy the season and we'll add some of them to the list. Email us a photo showing the way to celebrate if you have it.
12. In the summer time my family and I love to take walks in downtown Chaska to the ice cream shop for an evening treat. - Dave Schwartz (@Dave_Schwartz)
13. Channel your inner Paul Blart Mall Cop and take a tour of the Minneapolis riverfront on segways!
14. Take in some art and local music at the Stone Arch Bridge Festival on June 14 and 15.
15. One of our favorite summer excursions is to the Gunflint Trail near Grand Marais. We love short hikes, then pouring a glass of wine and just taking in all of the splendor of the Boundary Waters. Nature is after all the best and most inexpensive therapist around. - Pat Evans (@patevansKARE11)
16. See an outdoor concert at the Minnesota Zoo
17. Visit the Arboretum and embrace the rose gardens. - Maryann Garding, KARE 11 viewer
18. Check out the Shockwaves Waterski Team who perform all over Minnesota. It's a family friendly show that everyone will enjoy! Visit splwsa.org for dates and show times. - Leesa Komorouski, KARE 11 viewer
19. I have been volunteering for 32 years with Minnesota Brass Drum Corps. Summer keeps us pretty busy with parades and shows. - Shirley Munz, KARE 11 viewer
20. Sip on some refreshing, locally brewed cider at Sociable Cider Werks in Northeast
21. Have a Sunday Funday on the patio of Boneyard Kitchen and Bar in Uptown during their Boneyard Hoedown with live music all day on June 15.
22. Walk the trails of George Hahn in St. Louis Park.
RELATED: Celebrate summer 1-11