GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - After the #worstwinterever we want to put all the cold and snow behind us and really #CelebrateSummer. For several weeks this summer we will be revealing 11 fun ways to enjoy the warm weather for a total of 111. The list will include suggestions from KARE 11 anchors, reporters and staff and other local 'celebrities' and leaders.
We will also be asking our viewers to help us #CelebrateSummer with their ideas. Email us at email@example.com with your ideas on how you like to enjoy the season and we'll add some of them to the list. Email us a photo showing the way to celebrate if you have it.
70. Minnesota has so many great summer activities to take advantage of. I love to bike, hang out at Alexis Bailly Vineyard in Hastings, MN, listen to great music at the Mears Park summer concert series in Lowertown and spend time on any lake whenever possible. - Andre Shoals, "Sebastian" actor in Chanhassen Dinner Theatre's production of " The Little Mermaid"
71. Take a group of middle schoolers to Warped Tour at Canterbury Park in Shakopee. The best part is the chaperone gets in free and there's a 'reverse daycare' tent for parents to take a break in.
72. Stay out until 4 a.m. at the bars in downtown Minneapolis on July 15 to take advantage of the one-day reprieve on the early bar close. Thirty-one bars are participating to take advantage of crowds after the MLB All-Star Game.
73. I celebrate summer with weekend getaways to Torchlight Lake in Sawyer, MN. Heaven on water! - Boua Xiong, KARE 11 reporter (@bouaxiong)
74. Head to Highland Fest in St. Paul from July 18 - 20 for an art fair, live entertainment, wine tastings a 5k and much more.
75. Take part in some of the many Aquatennialactivities which kick off July 18 and run through July 26. Sandcastles, milk carton boat races, fireworks, parades and more!
76. Attend one of the best outdoor parties of the year: Toast & Taste in the Gardens at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum on July 16. The event is a celebration of fresh, local and "green" cuisine, along with ethnic specialties, plus regional wines and local brews.
78. Hit the links at Rush Creek Golf Course, one of my favorite courses in Minnesota. - Scott Beedy, KARE 11 producer (@scottbeedy)
79. Grab a kayak or some other floating device and catch some rays on Pokegama Lake. It's a fun way to get out on the water on your own. - Carissa Jackson, KARE 11 web producer (@CarissaKARE11)
80. Did somebody say "walk?" Bubba Lou's favorite spot is Lake Normandale in Bloomington. The roughly two-mile walk is perfect!! - Scott Beedy, KARE 11 producer (@scottbeedy)
81. No pool? No problem! Purchase an inflatable pool and create your own summertime oasis in your backyard. Buy an inner tube, grab a pina colada and you're set! - Carissa Jackson, KARE 11 web producer