ST. PAUL, Minn. - Management at the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra has canceled all concerts through Feb. 8.
The orchestra's musicians and managers have spent months battling over contract concessions. The old contract expired Sept. 30 and management locked out the musicians Oct. 21, canceling concerts through Dec. 31.
In a statement Monday, SPCO President Dobson West says management wants a counterproposal from musicians. With no indication when the counteroffer might come, and with no further negotiations scheduled, he says the additional cancellations could not be delayed.
Last week, the SPCO announced a deficit of $895,080 for the fiscal year that ended June 30.
The Minnesota Orchestra has not played any concerts this season because of its own lock-out. The orchestra is expected to announce next week whether it will cancel concerts for January.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)