Large condo fire in Uptown Minneapolis

1:40 PM, Dec 28, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

MINNEAPOLIS - Investigators say unattended candles caused a Minneapolis condo building fire that sent one person to the hospital.

The Minneapolis Fire Department says the candles were in a first-floor condo. The cause of the three-alarm fire in the Uptown neighborhood was ruled accidental.

Minneapolis fire crews are still on the scene of a three-alarm fire at a three story condominium building at 1508 W. Lake St. in Uptown Minneapolis.

According to the Minneapolis Fire Marshal the fire has not spread to neighboring structures though several buildings have been evacuated.

When crews arrived, heavy fire was showing from the first and second floors of the building. Crews initially attacked the fire from inside the building, but as the fire grew, crews were forced to leave the building and fight the fire from the exterior.

At this time two blocks of Lake Street and two blocks of Irving Avenue are closed to traffic in the vicinity of the fire.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )

Most Watched Videos