GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Christmas is over, and now it's on to New Year's.
After you've counted down to ball drop, and crawled into bed, you may want something special for your first breakfast of the New Year.
Eli Wollenzien, Executive Chef for Blue Plate Restaurants visited KARE 11 Sunrise with some tasty ideas and a breakfast beverage to go with it.
Longfellow Grill French Toast
12 pieces Ciabatta Bread Loaf (Sliced 1' thick)
12 Fl oz French Toast Batter (recipe below)
1Ž2 Cup Butter, Melted
To desire Powdered Sugar
To desire Whipped Cream
To desire Maple Syrup
- Prepare the French Toast Batter according to the recipe.
- Cut the Ciabatta Bread Loaf to 1 inch thickness.
- Heat a sauté pan to medium heat.
- Add melted butter to pan.
- Quickly dip Ciabatta bread in French Toast Batter and shake off excess batter.
- Place dipped bread in sauté pan.
- Cook until bread is golden brown, then flip.
- Finish cooking until second side is golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream, powdered sugar, and maple syrup.
French Toast Batter
Yield: 2 Quart
10 Each Eggs
2 + 2/3 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Chili Powder
- In clean bowl, whip together eggs until smooth.
- Add Heavy Cream and Vanilla Extract and mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together powdered sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and chili powder.
- Slowly add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Mix egg mixture well until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Use batter immediately.
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)