ST. PAUL, Minn. - One of the River City's favorite Italian restaurants is ringing in the new year with a tasty feast.
In addition to its regular menu, Pazzaluna is serving up a special prixe fixe menu from Dec. 28-31.
Executive Chef Seth Teiken prepared one of the features, Salt Roasted Bronzini on KARE News@4 today.
Salt Roasted Bronzini
• 1ea. Bronzini Whole
• Kosher Salt to cover Fish
• 2tbl water
• 4oz. Risotto Par Cooked
• 1oz. Shallot minced
• 2fl.oz White Wine
• 2fl.oz Chicken Stock
• 1fl oz Cream
• Drizzle truffle oil
• 2oz unsalted butter
• 1tbl grated parmesan
• 1tbl garlic chopped
• 2oz rapini
• 1fl. Oz olive oil
• 1ea. Lemon Wedge
• 1tsp red pepper flake
• 1tsp fresh chive - chopped
• 1tsp fresh dill - chopped
• 1tsp fresh parsley - chopped
• 1tsp fresh oregano chopped
• 2fl oz extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
• t.t. - Kosher Salt
• t.t. - Black Pepper
• Rinse the Bronzini well and place on appropriately sized baking sheet, and cover entire body with kosher salt keeping the head and tail exposed. Sprinkle Salt with water and place in 375 degree oven on high wind for 20 minutes.
• Using a sauté pan sweat shallots in 1oz of butter once translucent add the white wine and bring to a boil, then add chicken stock and cream and bring to a boil. Add the par cooked risotto, and S&P and stir until almost all liquid is absorbed and the rice in al dente. Finish by incorporating the other 1oz of butter, parmesan, and a drizzle of truffle oit, check and adjust seasoning with S&P if needed.
• Using a sauté pan over moderately high heat begin to brown the garlic in olive oil, once browned add the rapini, season with S&P and cook until wilted.
• Combine the parsley, chives, dill, and oregano and reserve.
• Begin to carve the fish by lightly breaking the salt crust in the middle and clearing the fish of all salt. Using a fork run a tine through the skin the length of the fish and peel back exposing the meat.
• Place the truffle risotto in the center of a warm plate and place rapini on top of risotto, pile meat from sea bass on the risotto and rapini.
• Finish by squeezing lemon juice on top of fish, drizzling EVOO around risotto, and sprinkling herb mixture on fish and red pepper flake in the EVOO.
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)