CHICAGO - A Chicago medical examiner says a lottery winner was fatally poisoned with cyanide a day after he collected nearly $425,000.
Cook County Medical Examiner Stephen Cina says a limited exam initially found Urooj Khan died of natural causes, but a relative asked for a deeper investigation.
A full toxicology test revealed Khan had ingested a deadly amount of cyanide, and his death was re-classified as a homicide.
Khan died July 20, a day after collecting the lump sum option on a $1 million win. He bought the ticket at a 7-Eleven near his home in West Rogers Park, a neighborhood on Chicago's North Side.
Cina said Monday it's likely that Khan's body will be exhumed as part of the investigation into his death.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )