EDINA, Minn. -- Salut restaurants in Edina will be hosting a Salut for Smiles on Tuesday February 5th.
Proceeds from the event will go to benefit Smile Network, an organization that helps to correct children born with cleft lip.
The event will feature a special menu created by renowned Chef's Tim McKee and CJ VanProosdy that will include wines and a multi-course meal. Local celebrities including KARE 11's own Julie Nelson will also be in attendance as host to the nights events.
Event will go from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday February 5th at Salut located at 5034 France Ave. South in Edina.
Ticket price is $100 per person and may be purchased by calling 612-377-1800 or online www.salutforsmiles.eventbrite.com.
One of the Salut chef's also shared his short rib bourguignonne with KARE. Recipe can be found below.
- 4 SHORT RIBS, WHOLE, BONE-IN
- 1 YELLOW ONION, CHOPPED
- 2 CARROTS, CHOPPED
- 3 STALKS CELERY, CHOPPED
- 1 BAY LEAF
- 2 SPRIGS FRESH THYME
- 2 QUARTS BEEF STOCK
- ½ CUP TOMATO PASTE
- 1 TBLS. DIJON MUSTARD
- 2 CUPS RED WINE
- SEASON SHORT RIBS WITH KOSHER SALT AND BLACK PEPPER.
- HEAT OIL IN A DUTCH OVEN AND SEAR THE SHORT RIBS TO BROWN.
- REMOVE THE SHORT RIBS AND ADD VEGETABLES, HERBS AND RED WINE. REDUCE THE WINE BY ½.
- ADD THE BEEF STOCK, TOMATO PASTE AND MUSTARD AND BRING TO A SIMMER.
- RETURN THE SHORT RIBS AND COOK FOR 2-3 HOURS AT 350 DEGREES.
- SERVE WITH ROASTED CARROTS, PEARL ONIONS, LARDON BACON, MUSHROOMS AND A TOUCH OF THE BRAISING LIQUID.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)