MAHNOMEN, Minn. - Authorities say a 61-year-old man who was found in a Mahnomen storage building this weekend died from exposure to the cold.
An autopsy lists the preliminary cause of Gary Goodwin's death as hypothermia with complications from possible drug use. Results of a toxicology test are pending.
The Mahnomen County sheriff's office got a 911 call Saturday morning from someone who found Goodwin lying unresponsive in the storage building.
Goodwin, who was from Mahnomen, was pronounced dead at Mahnomen Health Center.
The Forum newspaper reports there were no signs of foul play.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)