GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - FINNEGANS, the only beer company in the world that donates 100% of its profits to charity through beer sales, is rolling out special St. Patrick's Day events.
It's sponsoring pub parties and the "Earn Your Own Halo" pub crawls for beer drinkers to sample FINNEGANS and help the company donate even more to hunger relief in the upper Midwest and Florida through the sales of its Irish Amber and Blonde Ales.
To take part, visit the FINNEGANS website where you can even design your own pub crawl.
FINNEGANS CEO Jacquie Berglund and Joe Bennett, owner of Bennett's Chop and Railhouse in Saint Paul, appeared on "KARE 11 SUNRISE" to show some creative ways to use FINNEGANS in beer cocktails and the famous beer soup served weekly at Bennett's Chop and Railhouse.
Berglund mixed up the "2 Gingers and a Blonde" and the "Sunset" created by Bar Abilene's David Paradeise.
Bennett's FINNEGANS beer soup recipe is as follows:
8 oz. of butter
1/2 large onion
2 celery sticks
1/2 tbls. fresh minced garlic
1 qt chicken stock
1 lb American cheese
1/2 lb Swiss cheese
1/2 lb Cheddar cheese
3 lbs aged Cheddar Cheese sauce
1/2 tsp Tabasco
2 tsp white pepper
18 oz of whole milk
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 qt Heavy cream
32 oz of Finnegan's Amber Ale
Directions - Serves 8
1. Melt Butter in a large Sauce Pan
2. Rough cut onion, celery and Carrot and puree in a food processor.
3. Add puree to melted butter and cook for 4 minutes on medium high heat. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco
4. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
5. Whisk in cheese, one at a time to melt
6. Add cheese sauce and whisk until all cheese is melted
7. Add milk and heavy cream. Bring to a low boil.
8. Add Finnegan's and bring to a low Boil
9. Remove and serve
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All rights reserved.)