HUDSON, Wis. - Police in western Wisconsin say a Hudson Golf Course employee suffered severe head injuries when a 55-gallon drum exploded.
Hudson authorities say a UPS driver found Chad Wang of Spring Valley semi-conscious on the floor Friday afternoon. The 35-year-old was lying in a pool of blood.
Police said Saturday the injury was apparently the result of an accidental explosion. They say Wang was using an acetylene torch to open the sealed drum, which had a small volume of oil inside. An explosion caused the lid to shoot upward and hit him in the head.
Authorities say Wang may have been on the floor for as long as several hours before he was found.
A message left at Regions Hospital inquiring about Wang's condition Saturday wasn't immediately returned.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)