GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - We're on the brink of the summer construction season which we all know can snarl traffic, whether you're heading north to the cabin, or just trying to get to work.
MnDOT is hoping to make your drive a bit smoother this season, offering different ways to get the latest construction information "before" you hit the road.
Kirsten Klein with MnDOT joined KARE 11 Sunrise to help you get logged-in.
You can follow construction updates on these MnDOT sites:
You can also find a list of expected 2013 projects on the MnDOT website that could have major effects on traffic, and for which there is an e-mail update built into the site.
• I-694 North Central West includes concrete resurfacing and repair between I-35W and Hwy 100. All ramps and loops resurfaced; replacing bridge decks at Hwy 252 and repairing drainage beneath the roadway. Several full-weekend closures
• I 494 improvements in Richfield/Bloomington began last summer. Removal of Xerxes Ave bridge spanning 494 and construction of auxiliary lanes between 35W and Hwy 100. Several weekend full closures as work is completed.
• Hwy 36 at Hilton Trail new grade- separated interchange to be constructed to replace the existing at-grade signalized to improve the safety and traffic flow on Hwy 36. Two-month closure of Hwy 36 in 2013.
• I-35/35E from Elko to Eagan Work will include re-decking of the I-35E Bridge that spans I-35W, repairing and painting several bridges, including three on I-35W. Concrete pavement repair, drainage work and updates to pedestrian crossings on some of the ramps. One of the major impacts for this project will include the closure of southbound I-35E between County Road 42 and the I-35/35W merge which is expected to take place for the entire month of May.
• Hwy 36/English Street Replacing the Hwy 36/English Street signalized intersection with a diamond interchange and improving CR B/Hwy 61 intersection; remove existing access to Hwy 36 at Hazelwood and Atlantic Streets; replace Vento Trail pedestrian and bicycle bridge. Two-month closure of Hwy 36 between Hwy 61 and Hazelwood St.
• Hwy 169 Bloomington Ferry Bridge Temporary lane closures and detours as work is completed within segments of roadway between Hwy 101 and Pioneer Trail, including single lane traffic in both directions of Hwy 169 for up to three weeks in Summer 2013.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)