SAINT PAUL, Minn. -- Chef Seth Fannin from The Saint Paul Hotel joined KARE Saturday to talk about their Sunday Brunch and to share a scrumptious recipe.
The Easter brunch will be held from 9:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. in the Hotel's ballroom. The brunch will feature six food stations including salad, fruits and vegetables, seafood, prime rib and smoked ham, entrée station, pasta, breakfast, and finally a dessert station. Unfortunately, the Easter brunch is sold out.
However, the Hotel will be hosting a Mother's Day brunch at the same time on Sunday May 12th. The Mother's brunch will be held in the same ballroom and will feature the same style food stations. Cost is $38.95 for adults, $19.95 for age's four to 12, and free for ages 3 and under. To make reservations call 651-228-3860 or make them online at saintpaulhotel.com.
Executive Chef Fannin shares the Green Curry Mussels with Eggplant and Basil recipe, which will be featured at the brunch.
- 2 Lbs Mussels, Cleaned
- 3 Tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste
- 2.5 Cups Coconut Milk
- .5 ea Eggplant, Cubed
- 1 ea Red Bell Pepper, Cubed
- 1 ea Red Fresno Pepper, Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Basil Leaves, Torn
- 1.5 tsp Granulated White Sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Cup White Wine
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
1) Heat the oil in a large pot big enough to hold all of the mussels.
2) Add the Green Curry Paste and cook slowly to bring out the flavor.
3) Add the eggplant, the red bell pepper, the basil, the sugar, and the fish sauce and stir briefly
4) Add the coconut milk. Bring to a boil and simmer for ten minutes.
5) When the curry is almost complete, heat a wide skillet over high heat.
6) Add the oil. When smoking, add the red pepper flakes then, very quickly add the mussels.
7) Sauté the mussels for a minute, stirring frequently. Add the white wine. Toss and then cover with a lid.
8) The mussels are fully cooked when they are open.
9) Add the mussel broth and the mussels to the curry. Toss.
10) Serve in a large bowl.
11) Garnish with the Fresno Chile, Lime, and more Basil.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)