GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - This Mother's Day, Colette Bar and Bistro at Sofitel Minneapolis has made it easy for you a fix a perfect salad for Mom.
Chef Mark Crane joined KARE 11 News @4 in our KARE Kitchen to walk us through the steps-
Colette Bar and Bistro Caesar Salad for Mom
(Ingredients for 4)
2 large romaine hearts
4 Slices bread for croutons
Anchovies ( optional )
For the dressing:
1 large egg
1 garlic clove
Juice of ½ lemon
2 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ pint olive oil
2 tbsp capers
2 tbsp parmesan
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Blend ingredients together
- Wash the salad thoroughly and set on kitchen towel to dry.
- Using a ring cutter cut out a circle in the bread and toast golden brown.
- Rub with the garlic clove and a little olive oil.
- For the dressing blend all ingredients together and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place a little dressing in the center of the plate and place the salad through the middle of the bread on top.
- Garnish with freshly shaved parmesan and anchovies if desired.
And if you want to leave all the preps to the pros, head to Colette Bar and Bistro.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)