GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - May is community action month in Minnesota, and a Jordan woman is doing her part.
Joni Whiting won the 2nd annual Roundy's Foundation Recipe Face-Off.
Whiting's prize is a donation to the food shelf of her choice, and she chose Community Action Partnership of Scott, Carver and Dakota Counties.
Whiting was on KARE 11 Sunrise to show off her winning recipe, Kid Sushi.
Joe Vaughan, with the Community Action Partnership, was also in-studio to talk about how Whiting's winnings will help his organization.
* 2 slices of bread
* Peanut butter
* ½ banana ( or other fresh fruit )
* Roll the bread flat with jar, can, or roller
* Smear peanut butter, then jelly on each piece of bread
* Slice lengthwise a 1/2 banana and place long slice into the middle of the bread.
* Roll up and cut into four to six pieces.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)