CHAMPLIN, Minn. - The search is on for Olympic talent this weekend in the Twin Cities.
The USA Bobsled and Skeleton Federation is in Champlin holding a combine and inviting any athlete 18 years and older to attend.
The combine will begin at Champlin Park High School and then transition to the Velocity Sports Performance facility. Check-in begins at 8:15 a.m. Saturday. It's encouraged that you pre-register for the combine, which costs $25. More details about the combine are below.
KARE 11's Bryan Piatt learns more about the combine and talks with Jake Peterson, a 19 year old Zimmerman native who is a member of the national bobsled development team. To learn more about Jake visit his website.
Minneapolis-St Paul, MN
Testing will begin at Champlin Park High school for all the running events. As long as it is not thundering and lightning, all outdoor events will be completed in the rain. Please be prepared for rain with umbrellas, towels, etc. to stay as dry as possible. Once we complete the running events, we will go to Velocity Sports Performance Center to complete the shot toss, broad jump and the lifting events. Athletes must provide own transportation to Velocity.
Champlin Park High school
6025 109th Ave N Champlin, MN 55316
Velocity Sports Performance
8900 109th Avenue North Suite 700
Champlin, MN 55316
• You must wear running spikes for all sprint events. You must wear running shoes for the broad jump and shot toss.
• Bring your own towel for drying off hands. This is especially important if it is raining for the outdoor events.
• Straps are allowed for power clean if you need them.
• Power lifting shoes are allowed and recommended for your lifting events if you are currently using them during training.
• Water and Energy Bar (drinks and snacks are not provided)
• Check-in at Champlin Park High School is from 8:15 - 8:30 a.m.
• You will need to sign an athlete waiver, a photo release and take photo prior to warm up. You will also be given a registration number that each athlete will wear during the combine.
• Combine Event Meeting will be at 8:30 a.m.
• Combine begins at 9:00 a.m.
• Lifting events begin at approxamently10:30 a.m.
• Athletes are permitted to leave once all of the testing events have been completed, combine points have been tallied and verified by the coaches, the combine event wrap up meeting has adjourned.
• Once you have signed in, you will be given approximately 30 to 45 minutes to warm up for the outdoor events.
• Upon arrival at Velocity, you will be given opportunity to warm up for the lifting events.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)