MINNEAPOLIS -- Summer is a great to relax and have fun. Dating should be the same, not stressful or a lot of work. When you're relaxed on a date, magic can happen!
But how do you find the right person to date? Dating Expert and Matchmaker, Stephanie Kluver of It's Just Lunch offered these 5 tips for getting out there and meeting your match this summer:
1. Go outside - Every city has tons of great opportunities to meet other singles during the summer. Grab a group of friends and attend the weekly jazz concert in the park in your city or a local summer art festival. Get outside of your office. The warm weather provides new places to meet singles in your city. If you aren't into the arts, go to a sporting event. 74% of single women view baseball games as a great way to meet men. Single men---get tickets to the next home game, you're sure to meet a single lady.
2. Take a vacation - 54% of singles have a summer vacation already planned for this summer. If you don't, plan something soon. If you don't have time to take off a whole week, go away somewhere for the weekend. Vacations are the perfect opportunity to get to know someone new. 39% of singles are planning a solo vacation this year and are looking to meet another solo vacationer relaxing at the beach.
3. RSVP to every BBQ and picnic you get invited to, even the ones you normally would turn down. A BBQ is a great place to meet someone new-- 66% of singles think a BBQ is the best place to meet other singles during the summer.
While at a party, set a goal to strike up a conversation with at least 5 people you don't know. By leaving a lasting impression, the people you meet will be more likely to think of you when they are trying to set up other singles they know.
If you don't know of any upcoming BBQ's, host your own. It's not only a great way to enjoy the warm weather with your friends; you also get to test that new recipe you've been dying to try and show off your barbequing ability.
4. SMILE! Trust us, this may sound simple but it works. Whether you are at the zoo, a carnival or a BBQ, be aware, keep a friendly smile on your face and do not be afraid to occasionally say hello.
5. View dating as a chance to increase your circle of friends and enjoy life. That takes away some of the pressure. There is also no better time to go out and meet people than the summer time, when many are out enjoying the longer days and warmer weather and just generally feeling more carefree and open.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)