MINNEAPOLIS -- KARE 11 did a little research to find out the Top 11 things to do this sizzling summer weekend. In no particular order, we recommend.
1. The Guthrie Theater's 50th Anniversary. The weekend-long celebration features several activities, including: a race; tours; even a dance party.
2. The Land of 10,000 Sounds outdoor concert at First Avenue. The Saturday night event features local and national bands, along with Food Trucks.
3. Grandma's Marathon in Duluth. Go runners!
4. The Secret City Festival in Minneapolis. A Saturday celebration that marks a first, complete with mini golf, Aztec dance and even, bicycle performances.
5. The Canterbury Park Food Truck Festival. Also on Saturday: good way to combine your love of food with your love of racing.
6. Greenway Glow. Saturday night at the Midtown Greenway. Bikes galore, along with an art festival, all while raising money for the Midtown Greenway.
7. Open Streets Minneapolis on Sunday. No cars and lots of bikes, music, art, even yoga.
8. The MSRA Back to the 50s Car Show at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. Cars. Food. Enough said.
9. Bill Cosby at the Treasure Island Resort and Casino. Bill Cosby!!!
10. DeVine Film Festival on Sunday at the Corner Bar in Minneapolis. Have you checked out Eric Perkins' Vine videos recently???
11. Shakespeare in the park. Parks in both Minneapolis and St. Paul. Nothing like a little 'Romeo and Juliet' to love up your weekend.
And with that, happy weekend, everyone!
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)