DILWORTH, Minn. - Authorities in Otter Tail County say a man has lost two fingers after the firework he was holding exploded in his hand.
Deputies say 25-year-old Jason Holweger of Dilworth was lighting fireworks late Friday. He was holding a 2-inch-wide cannon-style firework in his hand as he loaded the charge and lit the fuse.
The charge exploded in his right hand. Authorities say he lost two fingers.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)