Twins right fielder Ryan Doumit (9) hits a double in the first inning against the Chicago White Sox at Target Field. Mandatory Credit: Jesse Johnson-USA TODAY Sports
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Minnesota Twins were expected to place catcher Ryan Doumit on the disabled list with a suspected concussion after Wednesday night's 5-2 loss to the Kansas City Royals.
Twins assistant general manager Rob Anthony said that Doumit wasn't feeling right when the team flew to Kansas City earlier in the week, but the catcher never told anybody about it.
Doumit left Wednesday's game in the fourth inning after complaining of nausea.
Anthony said that a doctor in Kansas City diagnosed Doumit with concussion symptoms and that he will be examined again on Thursday. Anthony acknowledged there's a "high probability" that the catcher will go on the seven-day concussion list.
Outfielder Josh Willingham, who has been rehabbing a knee injury at Triple-A Rochester, is expected to take his place on the roster. Anthony said that Willingham will fly to Chicago and be activated Friday before the Twins play the White Sox.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)