ROSEVILLE, Minn. - Travelers in the northwest Twin Cities Metro area will encounter a number of traffic changes beginning Sunday night.
The work will be focused on the I-694 corridor between Highway 100 in Brooklyn Center and I-35W in Arden Hills.
Sunday, Aug. 18 at 7 p.m.
- Northbound Hwy 65 (Central Ave.) to eastbound I-694 OPENS
- Long Lake Road to eastbound I-694 OPENS
- Eastbound I-694 to Silver Lake Road closes until mid-September.
- Silver Lake Road to eastbound I-694 closes until mid-September.
- Mississippi River Trail Crossing will close until early September. Closed Sunday night, Aug. 18 until early September. Bicycle and pedestrian traffic will detour to the 42nd Street Camden Bridge
Tuesday, Aug. 20 at 9 p.m.
- Eastbound I-694 to southbound I-35W closes Tuesday night Aug. 20 until late August.
Wednesday, Aug. 21 at 9 p.m. - The following ramps will close overnight for resurfacing, weather permitting:
- University Ave. to westbound I-694;
- Silver Lake Road to westbound I-694;
- Westbound I-694 to Silver Lake Road; and
- Eastbound I-694 to Silver Lake Road.
- All ramps will reopen by morning rush hour.
- Thursday, Aug. 22: 12 midnight to 5 a.m.
- Westbound I-94 will close at I-694 so crews can pour bridge decks at Highway 252.
Motorists should watch for overnight ramp and loop closures for paving between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. the following morning. Use the next open ramp to reach your destination.
Work on the I-694 corridor between I-35W in Arden Hills and Hwy 100 in Brooklyn Center will continue until early November.
For more information on the I-694 North Central WEST Project at http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/694west/
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org
or dial 5-1-1.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)