LIVERPOOL - A woman in England apparently bit off more than she could chew when she tried to tackle a triple stack hamburger.
Nicola Peate, 25, suffered a dislocated jaw while attempting to eat a triple-patty burger at a Liverpool, U.K., restaurant. According to the Guardian, she tried to laugh it off at first, but sought medical attention after the pain persisted.
"I tried to eat it with a knife and fork and couldn't. I couldn't open my mouth fully," Peate said in a U.K. Press Association release. "It felt like I had cramp in my tongue, then I started to get an ear ache and a headache. The next morning I woke up and felt really, really ill. The whole side of my head was hurting."
The culprit was a so-called "Kids in America" burger from the restaurant Almost Famous in Liverpool. The burger, apparently, was just too big for her mouth.
Peate has Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, a medical condition whereby her joints are hyper-flexible, unstable, and prone to dislocation, according to a Press Association release. She had her jaw put back into place by medics at Royal Liverpool university hospital.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )