ROSEVILLE, Minn. - The weekend may be upon us, but motorists in the south metro will get no time off from the barrage of summer road construction.
MnDOT says drivers will encounter lane closures and delays on southbound Interstate 35 between Burnsville and Lakeville beginning Friday, Aug. 23 and lasting all weekend.
The closures will begin at 7 p.m. on I-35 between the I-35/35W/I-35E split and County Road 50 will be reduced to a single lane as crews continue repairing the concrete pavement.
Weather permitting, all lanes are scheduled to re-open by 1 p.m. Monday, Aug. 26.
The I-35 project isn't the only one that could prove vexing for motorists. Crews will also be working on these major roads this weekend.
- Hwy 3 - closed between 70th Street and Allen Way in Inver Grove Heights.
- Hwy 10 - single lane both directions between West Main Street/Greenhaven Road and just east of Seventh Avenue.
- I-35 - single lane southbound between I-35/I-35W/I-35E split and County Road 50.
- I-35W - closed westbound Ramsey County Rd 10 ramp to southbound I-35W and the northbound ramp to westbound Ramsey County Road 10.
- I-35W - closed southbound ramp to north/east Hwy 13.
- Hwy 36 - closed both directions between White Bear Avenue and Hwy 61 and single-lane traffic between Hwy 61 and Edgerton Street. Ramp closures include northbound Hwy 61 to eastbound Hwy 36; westbound Hwy 36 to northbound Hwy 61; southbound Hwy 61 to westbound Hwy 36.
- Hwy 65 - closed both directions between Osborne Road Northeast and 81st Avenue NE.
- Hwy 95 - closed both directions between County Rd 12 and County Rd 16.
- Hwy 169 - ramp closed from Hwy 101/ Hwy 13 to northbound Hwy 169.
- I-494 - closed westbound between I-35W and Hwy 100.
- I-694 - ramp closed from eastbound I-694 to Hwy 65 (Central Avenue).
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )