5 things to know for Monday

8:04 AM, Nov 4, 2013   |    comments
Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak is loaded on a stretcher after he collapsed on the field as the team left for halftime against the Indianapolis Colts at Reliant Stadium on November 3, 2013 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images)
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Be prepared to make smart conversation with your friends and co-workers around the water cooler (or coffee pot) this Monday, armed with the 5 things you need to know from the USA Today.

Here they are, in no particular order.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak collapses on sideline

Houston Texans coach Gary Kubiak, 52, collapsed as he was walking off the field at halftime of the team's game with the Indianapolis Colts. He did not lose consciousness and his family was with him at the hospital, but the reason for the collapse has not been made public.

Edward Snowden defends leaks in 'manifesto'

The German magazine Der Spiegel published an open letter it says was written by former U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowden titled, A Manifesto for the Truth, in which Snowden said calls for surveillance program reforms justify his alleged decision to leak classified information.

Egypt's president goes on trial

Egypt's first freely elected president, Mohamed Morsi, goes on trial today. Facing charges of incitement of violence with 14 others in connection to clashes last December, Morsi has been held at an undisclosed location since his July 3 overthrow by the military. The trial will be his first public appearance since then.

Nick Foles ties NFL record with 7 TDs as Eagles roll

Nick Foles quickly made everyone forget about his deplorable game against the Dallas Cowboys by having a game for the ages. The Philadelphia Eagles' second-year quarterback tied an NFL record with seven touchdown passes. In all, he completed 22-of-28 passes for 406 yards in the Eagles' shockingly easy 49-20 win over the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

Birmingham airport reopens after evacuation

The Birmingham, Ala., airport has reopened after a threat prompted an investigation by bomb technicians and an evacuation of more than two hours. FBI spokesman Paul Daymond said the agency's bomb technicians worked with local police to investigate. Police spokesman Johnny Williams told al.com that nothing was found after bomb dogs and officers did a sweep of the airport.

(Copyright 2013 by USA Today. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )

Most Watched Videos