What kind of accent do men and women find attractive?
According to a survey by dating site Cupid.com, the honey-flavored sweetness of the Southern accent is America's sexiest, and no other region is close.
Cupid.com says it surveyed 2,000 men and women and 36.5 percent of respondents voted the Southern accent most attractive, with more men preferring it over women.
Cupid insists that it should come as no surprise, since "when it comes to romance, most of us dream of long lazy days in the sun, epic sunsets and, ahem, rolls in the hay."
As for the least attractive accent? The numbers say the Midatlantic accent, exhibited by people in states like Pennsylvania and Delaware, came in dead last with only 4 percent of the total vote. Think it has something to do with the way we pronounce "water?" (Wooder.)
Minnesotans and Wisconsinites, anchored to the earthy Midwest, came in second-to-last.
Here are the full results:
Rank and total
- Southern - 36.5% (45% male/28% female)
- New York -16.5% (10% male/23% female)
- Western - 13 % (16% male/10% female)
- New England - 10.5% (8% male/13% female)
- New Jersey -7% (4% male/10% female)
- Canadian -7% (3% male/11% female)
- Midwestern - 5.5% (8% male/3% female)
- Mid-Atlantic - 4% (5% male/3% female)
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )