The Clever Cleaver tailgating recipe of the week is "Pooch Kick" Potato Salad . For more delicious recipes visit www.CleverCleaver.com.
"Pooch Kick" Potato Salad
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon Cholula® Hot Sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 quarts diced red potatoes, cooked crisp
4 chopped hard boiled eggs
1 cup sliced green onion
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced red pepper
1. Rinse potatoes and dice in bite-sized pieces. Place in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to a rolling simmer. Cook just until potato pieces are cooked crisp. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
2. Pour potatoes into a colander and spray with cold water to stop cooking. Place in a container and refrigerate until completely cooled. Do not cover container tightly until completely cooled. NOTE: Steps #1 & #2 can be completed up to a day in advance.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the Sauce ingredients. Cover tightly and refrigerate. NOTE: Step #3 can be completed up to a day in advance so all the flavors combine.
4. When ready to enjoy, combine the Salad Fixins in a large mixing bowl. Add the sauce and combine.
5. Let set for 10 minutes prior to serving so some of the sauce will be absorbed into the potatoes. Makes eight servings.
TAILGATE TIP: If you plan to enjoy this away from home, we recommend that you prep everything at home.
Transport these prepped items to your event in a cooler with sufficient ice or ice packs. Begin again with Step #4 at your event.