GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn.-- Author and Food Network host Sandra Lee joined us via satellite this morning on behalf of Diageo with her hassle-free recipes for holiday cocktail parties. Sandra recently released the new cookbook, Cocktail Time, which is filled with fork-free appetizers and delicious drinks for easy entertaining.
You can find Sandra Lee's Semi-homemade Cocktail Time cookbook in stores everywhere. For more information on Sandra, her show, and cookbooks, visit www.sandralee.com.
1 ½ ounces Irish cream liqueur, Baileys®
½ ounce vanilla flavored vodka, Smirnoff®
½ cup sugar, Domino®/C&H® (Optional)
In a cocktail shaker, combine Irish cream and vodka. Add ice cover and shake until very cold. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Optional, rim glass with sugar.
How to Make Colored Sugar:
It's inexpensive- and so easy-to make your own colored sugar. When you make your own, you can make any color you like, as light or dark as you like.
1. Place ½ cup sugar in a zip-top bag or glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Add 3 drops of food coloring to the bag or jar.
2. Shake the bag continuously to mix until the color is evenly distributed throughout and the sugar is a uniform color. Pour sugar onto a clean baking sheet and let it air dry for an hour or two.
3. When it's dry, store in a plastic bag or a glass jar or salt shaker.
Double Relish-Dipped Cheese Ravioli
Prep 25 minutes Cook 2 minutes per batch Makes 16 ravioli
1 cup roasted red peppers, drained and finely chopped, Mezzetta
¼ cup canned diced tomatoes, drained and finely chopped, S&W®
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar, Domino®/C&H®
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Artichoke Caper Dip
1 jar (6-ounce) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped, Mezzetta®
2 tablespoons sour cream, Knudsen®
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, DiGiorno®
2 teaspoons mayonnaise, Best Foods®/Hellmann's®
2 teaspoons capers, drained
1 teaspoon lemon juice, ReaLemon® fried cheese ravioli
Vegetable oil, Wesson®
1 package (9-ounce) refrigerated four-cheese ravioli, Buitoni
1. For tomato pepper relish: In a small bowl, combine red peppers and tomatoes, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar; set aside. For artichoke caper dip: In a small bowl, combine artichoke hearts, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, capers, and lemon juice.
2. For fried cheese ravioli: In a large saucepan, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil over medium-hot heat until temperature reaches 350 degrees F. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, about 2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove ravioli using a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm in a 300 degrees F oven while cooking remaining ravioli. Serve with relish and dip.