GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn.--This morning CRAVE's executive chef, Eli Wollenzien, joined us to talk about the restaurant's special New Year's Eve menu.
CRAVE has three locations, in St. Louis Park, Mall of America, and Edina. For reservations or more information on CRAVE, visit www.cravemn.com.
Horseradish Duchesse Potatoes
Serves 6-8 people
15 each Yukon Gold Potatoes (large)
¼ Cup Butter (melted)
2 each Egg (whole)
¼ Cup Heavy Cream
½ cup Sour Cream
2 Tbsp Prepared Horseradish
¾ Tsp Kosher Salt
½ Tsp Black Pepper
1. Boil the potatoes until fork tender, drain water, and place potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients and whip together with the potatoes, either by hand or with an electric mixer. Mix until potatoes are smooth without any lumps.
3. Remove potatoes from the mixer and place in a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
4. Pipe the potatoes into even portion on a greased baking tray. Brush the top of the piped potatoes with an egg wash (one egg yolk mixed with a ¼ cup of milk).
5. Bake potatoes in a 350 degree oven for 8-12 minutes or until the potatoes are hot, golden brown, and have a crisp exterior.