Minneapolis murder toll rises after deadly weekend

2:43 PM, Jul 12, 2010   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

MINNEAPOLIS -- Two people are dead after separate shootings early Sunday in two separate neighborhoods. 

Police said three people were shot just after midnight inside a home in the 3800 block of Thomas Ave. North.

Police arrived to find one man dead and another with a life- threatening gunshot wound.  The man's mother identified him as Anthony Magnan.  She said he is on a ventilator in the intensive care unit at North Memorial Medical Center.

A third man, police said, was shot in the arm and sought treatment at North Memorial.

"We have no idea what occurred in that home prior to the shooting," said Sgt. William Palmer, spokesman for the Minneapolis Police Dept.

Shortly after 1:00 a.m., police received their second call.

That shooting took place outside a bar on the 2200 block of Fourth Street where police found a man lying dead in the street.

Police arrested another man at the scene, but later released him.

There have been 28 murders so far this year in Minneapolis.

Police said Sunday's shootings are not related.  They did not release anymore information.

Police are asking for the public's help.  Anyone with information is urged to call the Homicide Unit at 612-673-2941.

(Copyright 2010 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)

Most Watched Videos