GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn.-- This morning Supenn and Cyndy Harrison from Sawatdee joined us with a look at one of their most popular appetizer recipes.
There are five Sawatdee locations in the Twin Cities, and for more information, visit www.sawatdee.com.
Sawatdee's Fresh Spring Rolls
1 cup soaked Thai rice noodles
1/2 head of lettuce
1 medium carrot
20 sprigs of cilantro
1 pkg. 12 " rounds rice paper sheets (24 rounds)
1/2 cup cooked med shrimp. halved
1/2 cup cooked chicken or pork thinly sliced (optional)
1. Prepare noodles by soaking in water for 15 minutes (or cook for 5 minutes).
2. Shred lettuce & peel carrot into thin strips with peeler.
3. Tear springs of cilantro into 2 or 3 pieces toss with carrots & lettuce.
4. Soften rice sheets in bowl of warm water- one at a time for about 30 seconds.
5. Remove softened sheet from water, spread flat on top of a dampened towel.
6. Top with vegetable mixture , small pile of noodles in center and two shrimp halves & slice of pork.
7. Roll up a fold on each end, then continue to roll up the round until nice and snug. Makes 24 rolls, and serve with dipping sauce.
Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
2 cups white vinegar
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup catsup
1 T of red chili sauce
1 cup water
1. Combine ingredients and stir until well blended.
2. In small dipping cups.
3. Can be stored in refrigerator. Makes 2 cups sauce.