GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - The Eleven Who Care program was created 27 years ago to recognize the outstanding volunteers that serve our community.
Each year hundreds of volunteers are nominated for the award and the Eleven Who Care Board of Governors select the eleven to be honored. The honorees represent the variety of opportunities available in our community. They truly exemplify the belief that one person can make a difference.
The 2011 Eleven Who Care honorees are:
Viewers will have the opportunity to meet a different Eleven Who Care honoree each month on various KARE 11 News programs and on kare11.com.
The members of the 2011 Board of Governors are:
- Brad Hewitt - President & CEO; Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
- Bill Lentsch - Sr. Vice President, Minnesota Operations; Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- John Remes - President & General Manager; KARE 11
- Kristen Schurrer - Executive Director; Hands On Twin Cities
- Michael Tattersfield - President & CEO; Caribou Coffee
- Mandy Whiteside - Community Relations; KARE 11
Nominations are being accepted for the 2012 group of Eleven Who Care honorees. If you know of an outstanding volunteer, consider nominating them for this award. Download the nomination form today.
(Copyright 2011 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)