GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- The Eleven Who Care program was created in 1983 to recognize the amazing volunteers in our community. The honorees are selected from nominations submitted by people familiar with their efforts.
Eleven Who Care honorees are volunteers who exemplify the belief that one person can make a difference. They go above and beyond to help those in need, to improve the environment around them, and to make our community better.
If you know of an outstanding volunteer in your area, nominate them for the Eleven Who Care award. The award provides an opportunity to recognize their efforts and the impact the volunteer has had on the community. It also encourages others to get involved.
RELATED: Download the Eleven Who Care nomination form
Nominations are accepted on an ongoing basis. We are currently accepting nominations for the 2013 Eleven Who Care awards. Honorees are selected by the Eleven Who Care Board of Governors.
Members of the 2012 Board of Governors are:
- Brad Hewitt - President & CEO; Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
- Craig Hotvedt - Executive Director; Health Fair 11
- Dana Nelson - Executive Director; GiveMN
- John Remes - President & General Manager; KARE 11
- Kristen Schurrer - Executive Director; Hands On Twin Cities
- Mandy Whiteside - Community Relations; KARE 11
Eleven Who Care is presented in partnership with Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
(Copyright 2011 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)